Tonight is a big occasion at Cineworld. They are celebrating the 100th Unlimited Card holders Screening. Just incase you don’t know anything about them, it is pretty much a preview of an up and coming film before everyone else can see it.
They have included some Secret Screenings as well, you sometimes get a free bag of sweets to go with it.
Tonight we are getting an extended preview of Ghost in the Shell along with Popcorn before the main feature of Free Fire.
I was going to attempt to try and work out how many of the 100 Unlimited Screenings I attended but unfortunately I did not tag them all on my blog. I guess I could work back through old tickets and emails (watch this space, just haven’t had a lot of time this week).
We have a very fast turn around from the 4th Secret Screening which was the very disappointing ‘In the Heart of the Sea’ which was only in December 2015. We have the next Secret Screening all set for Saturday 6th February 2016. I like the Saturday night approach such a great idea!
When booking the tickets you are told 120 minutes for the running time.
Zoolander 2 was the first talked about as being for this screening but it has previews on the same day so that rules that film out!
I haven’t seen any clues released from Cineworld this time . . .
In the Heart of the Sea
Today Cineworld announced that is to host its fourth Secret Screening for Unlimited card holders. It is going to be a 3D film and as you will see the date for the film is bound to cause absolute uproar in people thinking it may just be the new Star Wars film!
This is what Cineworld have had to say so far . . . “What we can tell you is this: the movie is showing on Tuesday 15th December 2015 at 7.30pm at all Cineworld sites apart from Chelsea, Glasgow Science Centre and Cheltenham Screening Rooms.”
I have decided to have a rather early look into what films it could be . . . The fact that we know it is going to be a 3D film certainly does help to narrow it down and for the last couple of weeks in December not many films at all to choose from!
Quite a few years have passed since we last saw Caesar and the rest of the apes, the human race has almost been wiped out by a virus and not many of them remain. With the apes still growing in power, it wasn’t going to be long before both species collided.
The day is almost here … The third Unlimited members secret screening from Cineworld. The first was a very early preview of Now You See Me and the second was very disappointing with The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (as a preview was scheduled for the week after). So let’s hope that having one of these right before some big blockbusters are going to come out really pays off!
The third secret screening run by Cineworld now has a date! Tuesday 15th July 2014. If you have not heard anything about this before, it is a preview of a film yet to be released but only clues are given out before the screening and you take a risk of what the film may actually be. It is quite an exciting and interesting way of going to the cinema. I have been to the first two secret screenings so therefore looking forward to this one as well as trying to work out what film it might be!
Unlimited Card holders can now book tickets online!
This is a follow up to my first post with 7 Reasons You Should Have a Cineworld Unlimited Card which was done back in 2012 and believe it or not the Unlimited Card has even more reasons to get one now! Well done to Cineworld for making the incredible deal even better!!!
- Premium Unlimited – after having your card for 12 months you will automatically be upgraded to the premium card. Which gives you 25% all food, drink, ice cream and sweets. Also no additional charges for 3D films.
- Starbucks – This is now at a few Cineworld’s across the country and you can even use your card for discount on your favourite coffee treat as well. Something I do when passing the cinema and not actually going to see a film during the day.
- Baskin Robbins – Ice Cream has recently just changed at Cineworld and I think this is such a good thing as gives very different options and constantly different flavours of ice cream each time you visit.
- Secret Screenings – This has now been done twice and such an exciting experience, not actually knowing what film you are going to see until the title comes up on the screen. Roll on the next one!
- EE Wednesdays – with this offer combined with your Unlimited card you can take a friend to the cinema for free. As your card covers the cost for the ticket and you still get the 241 deal!
- Non-Film Discounts – Cineworld also have on sports events, opera and theatre on the big screen. But with your Unlimited card you also get a nice discount on those exclusive events.
- More Advanced Screenings – This happens more often now and often only a month between the advanced screenings of up and coming films. You have to have an Unlimited card to attend these exclusives!
So there you have it 7 more reasons you should have a Cineworld Unlimited card . . . Why don’t you sign up now? This is a UK cinema of course, I do understand that people from other places in the world must be very jealous of this offer you can get.
You can view the films (and dates) which I saw them at the cinema here. As already mentioned probably hundreds of times now on the blog I have an Unlimited Card for Cineworld, therefore can see as many films as I want as many times as I want for a monthly fee. All but 1 of the 59 films I saw this year were at Boldon, Tyne and Wear Cineworld. The 1 different was in Houston Texas, when I was on holiday in the summer. I don’t think I’ve missed any as I try to keep cinema tickets and writing the reviews straight after getting home from the cinema or the following morning. I think I have done pretty well this year and only missed a few to review, of which the start of the reviews are in the draft section of the blog.