First Look: Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins!

Mary Poppins Returns

I might be a little bit late to the party in Blogging about this but it’s the first real chance that I have had, it certainly will not be the first post about Mary Poppins Returns which is due for a 2018 release, at Christmas. Which is just a practically perfect idea and will do incredible at the box office. Although it currently has 25th December release for the UK, I think we will find that 26th considering no cinemas open on Christmas Day.

I am certainly going to try and not compare Blunt to Julie Andrews, as it is not a remake it is a new story. It is going to be very different to one of the best musical films of all time we already know that. I am excited to see what direction they are going in with it though, the fact Lin-Manuel Miranda is part of the film tells us that we are going to get some very clever rapping and impressive moments! So pleased he is getting the chance to transition into film!

Here is a longer and bigger version of the picture! Carpet bag and all!!!

mary-poppins-returns1-700x1298_zps4zziquuu

Come on who else is very excited for this one?

1. I’m kind of sad they’re remaking it, but she looks like a good fit.

March 4, 2017 at 6:29 am

It’s not a remake though, it’s another story. I know Disney wanted to do more with Andrews but Travis had put a stop to that when she wasn’t happy with the film. Quite a few books to take ideas from 😉

March 4, 2017 at 6:33 am

• Well I really hope it’s good!! I love Mary Poppins.

March 4, 2017 at 6:43 am

Isn’t Mary Poppins just a great character!

March 4, 2017 at 4:41 pm

2. I wasn’t happy with them making this, but after seeing what they’re doing with the remakes of BATB, I feel that maybe this sequel is a better thing to look forward to.

March 4, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Yeah! It is really doing my head in how they are going on about BATB like overload much?

March 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

3. I find this is an odd one to make but can see Blunt pulling it off, she’s underrated all the time, for me!

Would work nicely at Christmas as well.

March 4, 2017 at 4:32 pm

I like that it is going to be a different story and new. The Musical stage version of it as a little bit different to the film as well, so just shows that things can work in a different way. I’m just a little concerned with Blunt’s singing as wasn’t overly impressed with her in Into The Woods, think she’ll nail the hard side of the character though!

March 4, 2017 at 4:43 pm

• Sondheim is all about the pronunciation though really, so I’ve learned in the past! Yeah, not worried as such about it, just wasn’t expecting it!

March 4, 2017 at 4:46 pm

4. Emily Blunt is one of those actors who the camera really loves, and she’s a damn fine actor as well. I hope this goes well for her, and truthfully even if it’s panned I’m going to see it just to watch her rock Mary Poppins! 😀

March 4, 2017 at 11:18 pm

5. I am certain the movie will be visually pleasant and entertaining. I will go see it. However, it has nothing to do with the original stories. Pamela L. Travers must be turning again in her grave. (Again…after Saving Mr. Banks)

March 8, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Yeah it will be interesting to see which direction they are going to take it in!

March 9, 2017 at 7:46 am