Film Blogging Tips – IMDb External Reviews
Over the past few weeks I have found myself mentioning this to people on Twitter who had absolutely no idea what I was going on about. On IMDb – Internet Movie Database although I am sure you already knew that part. You can add your Film or TV Series reviews onto the external review part of the site.
I am pretty sure I just saw someone else mention it and started doing it then. Well, worth taking a little bit of time to put all of your reviews onto the site. I get around 15/20 clicks from IMDb by having my reviews in external reviews. I think it will probably be something that becomes even more popular with the announcement that they are closing down the messages boards. I guess both good and bad reasons behind that, but that is a totally different issue. I am here to help you expand your blog and get more people reading your reviews that you take a lot of time and effort to write.
I will take you on a step by step guide and honestly once you’ve submitted a couple of reviews it takes seconds to update!
- Load the website
2. Search for the film you want to add a review to
(Using The Elephant Man is the example as I watched and added this one last week)
3. Click where it says “MORE” and find External Reviews. Click on that link. (I am guessing some people have overlooked it before, as I know people love to read the trivia pages).
4. It will then open up with all of the people who have added a review to an external website/blog. Click where it says “Edit” . . .
5. It then opens up the following page, you need to click to add 1 item (have the link to you review ready). Then continue . . .
6. Paste the link to your review in the first box. In the second box you need to put the name of your site and then your name in [ ]. Once you have done that click “check these updates” . . .
7. Check that you have submitted the right link and put in your site name correctly. I have found that my computer saves the description part which saves time. If everything is correct then “Submit these updates” . . .
8. After it has been checked over, can take a few hours your review will then appear in the External Reviews section for that film you have just submitted. I have found the more you submit the quicker they are approved. Must be due to your activity on the website. I also think it’s quite a nice feeling to see your website and name on IMDb.
I really hope that this has helped and you will also submit your reviews on IMDb. I have been doing it for a few years now and have found it does generate more traffic. If you see films that aren’t very well known and don’t have many reviews you will get a lot more viewers to those posts!
Let me know your feedback in the comments below!