7 Worst Films I’ve Sat Through at the Cinema – Part 2

When you see a lot of films at the cinema you are bound to see some awful ones. You can refresh your memory on the first 7 films I picked here. I have decided to follow it up after seeing The Boss on Wednesday, it was awful but not quite made it into the lists yet!

cinema-screen_zps0jen7jc7

Have you been unlucky enough to watch any of the following films?

Knock KnockReview

tumblr_nw72dee3mz1qb9pa3o1_500_zpszmuyzwre

Could easily go down as one of the worst films of all time! Seriously a film that was supposed to be an intense thriller turned into a comedy that you did not want to watch until the end. Some very messed up sex scenes, leading to some even worse scenes.

The CounsellorReview

tumblr_mt0ayzgzcc1qcga5ro1_500_zpsplmdskwp

Look at that cast. Seriously look at that cast again. Yes, it really was that bad, a very messed up plot and script. With some truly awful performances, oh and a woman has sex with a car. Hmm seems to be a theme with the first two films!

Dirty GrandpaReview

dirtygrandpa_1-xlarge_zpsmoi69iqj

Robert De Niro has been regarded one of the greatest actors of all time, but I guess the last decade or almost two he has done any and every film that has been offered to him. This is by far the worst, and yes it does again have some awful sex scenes in it. But that is not really the only reason this is bad, everything about it is pathetic.

The Next Three DaysReview

the_next_three_days_2_zpsunceqkae

While I don’t remember a massive amount about this film, I do remember being extremely bored and thinking the whole plot was stupid.

Inherent ViceReview

tumblr_nrkwmv2zme1rfd7lko1_400_zps3gylyygr

This was a horrendous time at the cinema and I was so very close to walking out, it was truly awful. The plot was all over the place and Joaquin Phoenix showing that he would only take on odd projects now, his reaction above is how I feel about this one. I do remember when publishing my review that I got a very abusive message on IMDb . . . each to their own!

Devil’s DueReview

tumblr_n4ltv55cli1ru442eo1_500_zps0qibtn4z

I don’t often go to see horror films as you may have noticed and this one confirms why. It was so pathetic, surely the best thing to do for a horror film is to make it feel even a little bit real. Another film that was not supposed to be funny but ended up being laugh out loud funny at times.

Men, Women and Children – Review

tumblr_ng3cpjgw7u1s01oqmo1_500_zpsosfay6ed

Another film that had sex at the core and not in a good way. Showing the impact of social media on well everyone and it was a very strange affair. Maybe social media is bad enough at times without attempting to make interesting films about it?

What films would make your worst at the cinema lists?

1. Nice list i would agree with all bar Knock Knock because apart from the awkward sex scenes it did keep me wondering if Keanu’s character had done something wrong or the girls were nuts. the alternative ending is much better though.

June 26, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Oh there’s an alternative ending??

June 26, 2016 at 5:22 pm

• yeah, it shows Keanu tracking the girls down about to enter a home where the girls are doing there thing again

June 26, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Ahh right

June 26, 2016 at 5:24 pm

2. I remember seeing the trailer for Knock Knock at the cinema. It made a really bad impression on me. So, I’m glad I didn’t go. 🙂

June 26, 2016 at 5:19 pm

That was a fantastic choice!!!

June 26, 2016 at 5:21 pm

3. Yeah, I definitely wasn’t a fan of “Inherent Vice” either – a gruelling, laborious experience!
    I would add ” A Million Ways to Die in the West” to my list – one of the worst films that I’ve seen in the cinema for many years. Crass and embarrassing.

June 26, 2016 at 5:30 pm

Luckily I didn’t see that one

June 26, 2016 at 5:33 pm

4. Great list. I had such high hopes for the Counsellor – a stellar cast and great trailer….one of the biggest film disappointments of my life…but then they say: if you have more than 4 big film star names in one movie – it is so bad it needed more than 3 big stars to pull it through…there was this sign already.

June 26, 2016 at 5:41 pm

That’s a good point, will certaintly think about that in future.

June 26, 2016 at 5:45 pm

5. I went to see Son of the Mask in 2005 and 5 minutes in, my sisters and I wondered if we’d come to the right screen because it was nothing like the first one. The first Mask film was hilarious and we were really excited for the sequel but were let down horribly by its weirdness and complete lack of comedy and a storyline.

June 26, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Oh I don’t blame you for that. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen at least the start of that film, the first The Mask film is brilliant though.

June 26, 2016 at 9:18 pm

6. Ben

Birth, The Falling, A Most Violent Year, Sex and the City 2. Most of those were other people’s choices too.

June 26, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Oh I totally should have put A Most Violent Year in my list, what a boring film!

I will admit I’m a huge Sex and the City tv series fan so that side of me made me more lenient towards the film. Haven’t seen the other two!

June 26, 2016 at 10:34 pm

• Ben

Don’t, they’re awful!

June 27, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I’ll keep that in mind 😉

June 27, 2016 at 8:25 pm

7. I’ve only seen Knock Knock – possibly the worst movie I’ve ever watched. It was horrible.

June 27, 2016 at 10:02 am

It still makes me so angry that a film like Knock Knock gets a big release and we don’t get some great films at the bigger cinema chains.

June 27, 2016 at 10:04 am

8. I gotta say – I loved Inherent Vice but I won’t go on about it.

I’ve heard how bad The Counsellor was – but there is a part of me that still wants to see it just so I can see, but I did that with Stallone’s Judge Dredd and I regret that a lot. The Next Three Days I go through 20 mins and forgot I was watching it hahahaha. I do want to see the original film though – might be better.

June 27, 2016 at 10:24 am

Yeah the original might be better, kinda puts you off though doesn’t it.

I think with Inherent Vice it was a very big either love or hate from the reactions to it!

I want you to watch The Counsellor just to see your reaction to it!

June 27, 2016 at 10:30 am

9. I’m STILL trying to wrap my head around Inherent Vice. Wtf was that tho???

June 28, 2016 at 8:25 pm

So thankful you agree!!! It seemed to find an audience with some people loving it. I wanted to leave the cinema haha

June 28, 2016 at 8:30 pm