Bondathon: Ranking the 24 Films

As I was making my way through the Bond films I was putting them in a ranking list from Best to Worst. I thought that would be the easiest way to do it as would probably forget exactly what happened in each of the films. So basically when ranking them I just decided which film I liked it better than and placed it in the list. Some of them were extremely difficult to pick where to put them so I might not even be able to justify it’s place in the list. But here you have 1-24 in order from Best to Worst MY Bond list!

1. Casino Royale

19. The World is Not Enough

20. Diamonds are Forever

21. Octopussy

22. For Your Eyes Only

23. Moonraker

24. Die Another Day

1. Great list! I’m not as fond of the Daniel Craig/Sam Mendes era as you are, but I’m pleased to see the Brosnan era marked higher than usual. I really like Sean Connery best but I always enjoy watching “View to a Kill”, when it comes on TV. Thanks for provoking my thoughts about what my list might look like. I really enjoyed reading your rankings.

December 3, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Hope you might be inspired to put together your own list! I think I love the Craig ones as first I properly watched in all honesty!

December 3, 2015 at 1:08 pm

• That’s really interesting! Maybe the Connery ones are my true loves because they’re the first ones I saw. It’s interesting to think of how one’s age might have an impact on choosing the best Bond.

December 3, 2015 at 4:15 pm

That certainly does come into it been talking about just that with people. Your favourite Bond tends to be the one you really watched first.

December 3, 2015 at 5:20 pm

2. Casino Royale is my favourite bond film also. Even though I really like Skyfall, it wasn’t really a Bond film for me. He gets outwitted throughout the film by Raoul, not once does Bond actually beat him. He also fails his own plan of keeping M safe , which should be high on his list of priorities! It was more of a Bourne action film rather than a Bond film, though it was a gripping throughout. On the whole it is a good list and it will definitely provoke debate among lots of Bond fans! 🙂

December 3, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Thanks Richard. I am so pleased I decided to keep adding the films to the list after watching them as I think it would have been impossible to do it with all of them all over the place!

December 3, 2015 at 1:07 pm

3. I’ve only seen 9 of them (I think). Pathetic, I know. One I have seen is The World is not Enough. I can absolutely see why it would be sucked to the bottom of your list. It was terrible.

December 3, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Make sure you never watch Die Another Day that is even worse!!!

December 3, 2015 at 3:14 pm

• Wait, wait, wait!!! I meant to say “Die Another Day”!!! That is the one I thought was horrible! My bad.

December 3, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Haha yeah I watched it last night and couldn’t believe it was really that bad!

December 3, 2015 at 3:33 pm

4. Great list, I really need to do my own ranking in the future.

December 3, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Look forward to reading it when you do!

December 3, 2015 at 5:18 pm

5. Grog the Ginger

Great list! I actually agree with a lot of it although I’d put Moonraker a lot higher and Skyfall a lot lower lol!

December 5, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Pleased you agree with a lot of it as you really have been such a huge Bond fan for years! 🙂

December 5, 2015 at 1:37 pm