7 Favourite Films by Year

As you may already be aware that I have a feature that runs every now and then on Let’s Go To The Movies which I have named 7 Things. Mainly due to the number 7 be in my blog address and something a little bit different or even in-between a top 5 or top 10 list.

A few days ago I came up with a new idea to list my 7 favourite films from each year (that I have seen so far). I thought this would be a different way to put some lists together as when you do top 10 lists from each year it is based on the best films. So I thought with favourite they may not be the best film, but I enjoyed it anyway. Hopefully that makes sense. I will start posting these lists in the next few days.

I have one rule that I think will keep the lists even more interesting . . . I am not going to include any film that is in a franchise. So no sequels or anything that is in a series of films will be on the list. This is mainly because I am finding 2015 rather on the dull side when it comes to sequels and no original ideas. So hopefully this will show that we have had some great films each year that haven’t needed another film and stand alone as one of a kind.

1. great idea Caz. cant wait! I’m doing something very similar. Have already covered 31 years of films

June 23, 2015 at 3:43 pm

That’s great! Just want something that will make me think about some different films 🙂

June 23, 2015 at 8:14 pm

• That should work. Doing my research, I was reminded of so many movies

June 23, 2015 at 8:42 pm

I’m looking forward to the challenge!

June 24, 2015 at 10:44 am

• It’s fun

June 24, 2015 at 10:46 am

2. Jay

Yeah, it’s nice to see movies that are actual original pieces of work, even if sometimes they don’t work, at least someone took a chance!

June 23, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Totally. I mean I do enjoy the comic book films a lot but I love a good story which is a bit different

June 23, 2015 at 10:38 pm

3. Sounds like a fun way to look back, and a good thing to do retrospectively, too — sometimes I look back at my top 10s compiled immediately after a year and wonder “what was I thinking?!”

June 24, 2015 at 1:55 pm

4. While I don’t have an issue with franchises and sequels as a rule I do agree that 2015 has been a weak year. I had a hard time in 2014 picking the my ten best – I don’t think that’s going to be an issue this Christmas.

June 24, 2015 at 6:34 pm

It’s such a shame we don’t seem to be getting anything new at the moment, but the box office figures keep the same type of films coming out!

June 24, 2015 at 8:35 pm

5. That’s pretty cool, it’ll be interesting to see what films you come up with because there’s a lot of good choices from the last few years especially. I would love to do something like that myself, if I can get some free time together haha.

July 4, 2015 at 1:00 pm