Last year I done a Top 10 list of the films that I missed at the cinema before doing my top 10 best and worst of 2012. I found this a good thing to highlight that I only have select films to include in those two lists. You can see the films I have seen at the cinema this year here. I only include actual 2012 films, so my best film list will probably be out in February, I know a lot of people do the lists based on what they have seen but after not doing that when starting my blog I have to follow on with the system I have ended up with!
Anyway here comes my list of my top 10 films I missed (and not happy about) after reading a lot of hype over these films. Many different reasons for not getting to see these films include not having the time to get to the cinema, the cinema only having the film out for a limited time (a week) or that they didn’t actually get released at my cinema at all.
I have used fellow bloggers Top 10 films of 2012 lists to help figure out which films I should have really seen as well!
Some of the films to put in this list are pretty easy choices due to dislking or in some cases hating the film. So I pick the films I figured are the worst I saw in 2012. Please remember that these are the films I watched in 2012. So I didn’t get to see everything in 2012, but these are my picks, for many different reasons! I think another thing to mention about the 10 films I have picked on this list is that whilst being in the cinema and watching them I was wondering how much longer they were going on for and wanting them to be finished. Probably one of the worst things you can say about a film is that you wish it was over!
The pick of the 2012 films I have seen. Remember this is the list of films I have seen at the cinema! 2012 for me seemed to be a very strange year for film, as I don’t feel like I managed to see many films during the year or at the very least missed loads of films. But I will try to give reasons why the 10 films which are in this list have made the list!
This a new top 10 list for 2012, I thought it was a good idea to look back and pick 10 films that I have eventually seen this year from years gone by. Classics or much talked about films which I eventually got round to watching this year. Just thinking back to some of the reviews on the blog, I think there’s going to be some films in this list that people won’t believe that it has taken me until 2012 to eventually watch them!
Probably not really in much of an order but 10 fantastic films I am now pleased to say that I have seen and added to my ever growing review section here at Let’s Go To The Movies. I actually thought it would be very easy to do this list but I actually hadn’t watched that many older films this year, but I hope that you will agree that most of them are top quality! Some aren’t but for that reason alone I am very pleased to say that I have now seen them!
This day marks the Diamond Jubilee for Queen Elizabeth II which is just an incredible occasion. I therefore decided to make a top 10 list of movie queen’s we have seen over the years!
God Save The Queen!
I have always been a fan of George Clooney therefore was very disappointed to count up that I have missed out on eight of his films. Especially since one of those is his Oscar-winning performance! But As you can see below this top 10 list is based on the Clooney films I have seen.
Films I’ve Seen: The Descendants, The American, Up in the Air, Oceans 11, Oceans 12, Oceans 13, Fantastic Mr Fox, The Men Who Stare At Goats, Burn After Reading, Michael Clayton, Intolerable Cruelty, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, The Perfect Storm, One Fine Day, Batman & Robin, From Dusk Till Dawn.
Films I Haven’t Seen: Ides of March, Leatherheads, The Good German, Syriana, Solaris, O Brother Where ‘Art Thou, Three Kings, Out of Sight.
This is my list of what I thought to be the top 10 films. I have not seen every film released, so please take that into consideration! Remember this is what I saw in the cinema in 2011. All of the films on this list may have slightly different reasons for being on it, but I will try to give my reasons as we count down. Mainly they are on the list because I enjoyed them and they left a lasting impression.
I decided that after watching more films and giving my Top 10 – Tragic Love Stories post more thought that a second part of tragic love stories should be done. Mainly because lets face it so many tragic love stories seem to happen on the movie world. I have taken into consideration the comments on what is now Tragic Love Stories: Part 1 – with people letting me know which films they feel have the most tragic love stories in them. I agreed with a lot of them as well, but had already done the first list.
This part contains quite a lot of more recent film love stories and some which were missed from Part 1!
THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS
Today is my 24th Birthday so I decided to make a top 10 list of birthday scenes from the movies. All different types of scenes with some brilliant ideas of what to do and what not to do on your birthday. I can relate to some of these and could possibly relate to even more of them after this birthday as well!
Possibly the best character in the whole Harry Potter series. As we do not know whether he is good or bad, throughout the entire series. When we think he is good he seems to do something to make us think he is bad. Then when he seems bad and evil something else happens to change our minds again. Severus Snape is the most complex character and the mystery of it all really does keep us hanging on right until the very end. We do not find out the truth until we get to the Prince’s tale.
No-one could have taken the role on the way Alan Rickman did. He really became Snape bringing him to life and the delivery of the lines are just so perfect. I just love the way he speaks and sounds so awkward at times.
Probably one of the most well loved films, still growing in popularity with some fantastic lines which are very quotable. Even if I do actually hate one of them a lot! A film which is about growing up and your first love. How nice that can be.
Since we first saw Captain Jack Sparrow back in 2003 in Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, everyone loved him. The fourth film in the pirates franchise was released last week, that being On Stranger Tides. These films all work so well due to the fantastic acting from Johnny Depp as Captain Jack. Throughout all four films we are given so many funny and fantastic lines which make them so loveable.
So here we go in a top 10 count down of Captain Jack Sparrow’s best lines from all four films!
The 10 films I found the best from the year 2010. I think overall it has been a pretty good year for film, so I probably could have had more than 10 on this list! I have managed to see 41 films from the year 2010, so picked my 10 best from those!
A couple of the films which have made the list managed to surprise me as I might not have been expecting very much from them before watching them.
The downside of going to the cinema once maybe twice a week is that you will end up going to see some bad films at some point. Or maybe not just bad, but disappointing after they have been built up so much. I have managed to see 41 films from the year 2010, so picked by 10 worst from those!
Some of the films may come as a bit of a shock on the worst film list, but just how I felt watching the films. The more I have looked over my list the more it appears disappointment set in whilst really looking forward to seeing the films.
Well let’s just say that I pretty much hate Valentine’s Day! So decided to do an anti-Valentine’s day list of films, because lets face it real life isn’t all flowers and chocolates! People get hurt and hearts are broken, so I don’t understand why we should have one day that is supposed to be when we declare our love for someone?!?! If we truly loved them wouldn’t we just randomly buy them gifts and tell them of our love whenever we felt like it?
Anyway check out the following 10 films which have made my list . . . not for the people wanting to see love in a nice way with the happily ever after ending!!!
What are your favorites?
As it is Christmas Eve today, I thought the best way to celebrate Christmas on the blog would be to do my top 10 Christmas Movies. The one’s I have grew up watching (and loving) and even more recent films will appear too. As over the past few years some very good Christmas films have been released. The best thing about Christmas films is that you are really restricted to watching them in Decemeber. I mean if you really want to you could watch them in July . . . but that’s just not the same at all! So quite a few films in my collection are only watched at this time of year.
What makes a good Christmas movie then? Well I would say it has to be a very Christmasy message usually involving or revolving around family. Most of the better ones also have the Santa factor too!
Well I stumbled across a post on My Filmviews blog titled Which Movie Character Would You Like To Be For The Day and decided to follow suit and complete my top 10 of movie characters I would like to be for the day. Putting this list together didn’t really take too long at all. Especially as most of the characters come from my favorite films.
I tried not to be shallow and pick characters based on their leading man . . . but I think that failed with some of the choices but I mean that had to be a coincident. I honestly didn’t do it on purpose! Yes a few of them are musical characters, maybe that’s because I am tone-deaf!
Well the newest craze hitting the blogosphere has been 10 movie facts about me a meme. Andy from Fandango Groovers so kindly tagged me to post 10 movie facts. Love it! This will all be off the top of my head, so I have no idea which direction it will head in (if any). Big shout out to who originally started this post, we really are feeling the love in the movie blogging world over the past few weeks and I think it really is just brilliant.
1. I am a total geek when it comes to going to the cinema, as I keep the tickets from every film I go to see. This helps when myself and friends argue about the last film we saw in a certain screen (from 1-11 in our local cinema).
2. The first film I ever saw at the cinema was Aladdin which would have made me 4 or 5 (depending on UK release date) and I am pretty sure I went to see it twice.
3. I can remember a hell of a lot of film quotes and find myself telling them to people in certain situations, often to help them feel better.
4. I have hundreds and hundreds of DVDs. Some of which have been watched lots and lots of times (Lord of the Rings, Julia Roberts films . . . ) and some have been watched once (Hope Springs is one I can think of off the top of my head) and about 25 have never been watched and on my must watch list.
5. I am extremely pleased that I suddenly decided to start this blog one day as it has allowed me to meet a lot of interesting people through there blogs, getting involved in blogging events and encouraging me to really think about some films whilst writing reviews and even paying closer attention when watching them. To say the least it has become somewhat a hobby.
6. Every now and then I have an actor of the moment which causes me to dive into their past work, often buying more DVDs. Over the years this has happened with Richard Gere, George Clooney, Brad Pitt and most recently Daniel Craig (thank you Casino Royale !!!).
7. My feel good, never fails to put a smile on my face movie is “The Sound of Music” possibly my most watched film EVER. As I grew up watching it and still love it to this day. I always thought Julie Andrews was the most perfect speaking woman.
8. I have a Cineworld cinema pass which I think is the best 13.50 a month to come out of my bank account! Unlimited cinema for that much a month really is something else. I do my best to go twice a week maybe more if loads of different films are out.
9. As I have probably mentioned before I never read a review before I see the film. The furthest I will go when reading a paper with a review in is looking to see how many stars they gave the review – as this doesn’t often make it very obvious how the film goes. But after I have seen a film and wrote my review, I will then read what other people thought of the film.
10. My friends and family often ask me if I have seen certain films and what I thought of them. It’s not very often I actually tell people a film is bad unless I wanted to turn it off or leave the cinema. I don’t often do that because I find that everyone has different opinions so something I hate they may love and vice versa.
Well there we go 10 random movie facts about me!!!
Following on from my top 10 best films of 2009 . . . I decided to list the 10 films I found to be the worst of 2009. I am pretty sure people will agree with a lot of the films on the list. But definitely have one film which will probably surprise everyone as well.
What were your worst films of 2009?
The 10 films I found the best from the year 2009. Yes you may think its now April, but I was trying to keep it to films from 2009 based on the year they were made rather than UK release date as that is often different to the US release date. Anyway I didn’t want to end up with a confusing list not containing some of the best of 2009 because I saw them at the beginning of 2010.
Check it out see if you agree with many of the films! As I am sure some of the films included would not have been expected.
I was going to make a hundred ways you know your obsessed with movies when . . . but I decided not to put a number on it and see how many I could come up with. If you have anymore to add to the list leave a comment and they will be added. Lets see how many we can come up with!
- You have a movie blog
- You attend the cinema at least twice a week (sometimes more)
- You always know what films are released each week
- You have a Cineworld Unlimited Card
- You can quote hundreds of movies
- You own hundreds of DVDs
- You mention movie scenes in everyday conversation
- You have your favorite actors/actresses
- Your friends/family ask your advice on movies before watching them
- You read lots of other movie blogs
- You comment on other movie blogs
- You are a member of the LAMB
- When you hear certain songs they remind you of a movie scene
- You have inside jokes at the cinema
- You get excited when the Orange film adverts change
- You want to watch all of the films nominated for awards before the awards shows
- You know that in March until June/July that its mainly bad films which come out
- You have seen most of the best picture Oscar winning pictures
- You have guilty pleasure films
- You have lists of your top films split into lots of different categories
- You have attempted or attempting to write your own screenplay
- If your watching a boring film you begin to wonder how your going to review it
- You do not read reviews before you have seen the movie
- You can be biased if your favorite actors/actresses are in a movie
- You are shocked when people say they haven’t seen some of the most well known films
- You look forward to the Oscars so you can complain about the winners when you disagree
- A film which has won the best picture Oscar is a must see. You have to check if it deserved to win
- IMDb is your main source for the latest information
To be continued as thats all I can think of right now.
Comment with your suggestions.
Lets take a little look back at the previous week on this blog, and other movie blogs out there.
A Journey Through Cinematic Heaven and Hell posted Top 10 Comedies of the Decade
Dark of the Matinee posted his views on Pirated Movies
Fandango posted about possible Batman Villian