Tony Stark finds himself struggling after what happened in New York and this is taking its toll on him, not sleeping and constantly building puts a strain on himself and his relationship with Pepper. But in true Stark style he also manages to threat the terrorist Mandarin.
The second installment of Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. in the lead role with Jude Law as his trusted friend Dr Watson.
Today is my 24th Birthday so I decided to make a top 10 list of birthday scenes from the movies. All different types of scenes with some brilliant ideas of what to do and what not to do on your birthday. I can relate to some of these and could possibly relate to even more of them after this birthday as well!
Two more posters have been released for Iron Man 2. Only a week longer to wait until the film is released, is it just me or has it felt like forever?!?!
A couple of days ago now I receieved a press release for the Iron Man 2 soundtrack which is featuring songs from AC/DC. What are everyone’s thoughts on this?
Read more to see the soundtrack listing!
Another poster has been released for the up and coming Iron Man film. They have tried to fit every star’s face on the poster. Thoughts?
Ricky Gervais hosting the awards which will be an experience, I will keep updating this blog post as the show goes on.
- The opening speech he headed straight for Steve Carrell with jokes about “The Office” and plastic surgery.
- Very good opening jokes which seemed to go down well with his audience.
- Nicole Kidman is the first up presenting best supporting actress in a motion picture.
- Which goes to . . . Mo’Nique for Precious.
- First speech of the night is a very emotional one with tears and dreams being reached, a rather long speech.
- I have just spotted Julia Roberts for the first time
- Toni Collette won best actress in a tv show comedy/musical.
- ooo Robert De Niro is there !!!
- First Meryl Streep spotting
- Sir Paul McCartney presents best animated feature and is rather amusing, which has a great shot of Julia Roberts laughing.
- Winner of best animated feature is Up
- Kate Hudson introduced some clips from Nine
- Ricky Gervais saying we have had some worthy winners and some not so worthy winners. Plugging his own film.
- Felicity Huffman who decided she messed up what she was saying so started over. She has totally lost what she’s trying to say.
- Best actor in a TV series drama goes to . . . Michael C. Hall for Dexter.
- Best actress in a TV series drama goes to . . . Julianna Margulies for The Good Wife.
- Just spotted Mickey Rourke kissing Mike Tyson.
- Harrison Ford introduces Up in the Air.
- Cher and Christina Aguilera presenting the best original song . . . The Weary Kind from Crazy Heart.
- Best original score . . . Up
- Best mini series or tv movie presented by Amy Adams and Josh Brolin. Goes to . . . Grey Gardens.
- Something that always amuses me about the Golden Globes has to be how difficult it is for the winners to get onto the stage if they are not on one of the tables right next to the stage.
- Tom Hanks introducing Julie & Julia.
- Colin Farrell who looks very good I might add. Presenting best actress in a comedy or musical . . . Julia Roberts is sitting next to Paul McCartney. Meryl looks embarrassed with both of her nominations. Goes to . . . Meryl Streep for Julie & Julia.
- She wants to change her name to T-Bone . . . T Bone Streep hahaha. I really do love Meryl the more I see her, she really is just brilliant. Awww she got rather emotional talking about her mother and how she is really grateful for everything.
- Helen Mirren introduces Precious.
- Kevin Bacon won best actor in a mini series or TV movie for Taking Chances.
- Drew Barrymore won best actress in a mini series or TV movie for Grey Gardens.
- Cameron Diaz introducing It’s Complicated.
- Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler presenting best screenplay for a motion picture . . . Up in the Air. I am so pleased about this!!! Also Gerard Butler was very cute not letting Jennifer Aniston see the paper then saying I’m not telling you haha.
- Jason Reitman got rather emotional towards George Clooney.
- Jennifer Garner and Ashton Kutcher present best actor in a comedy/music on TV . . . Alec Baldwin won for 30 Rock, but he wasnt able to attend the awards.
- Samuel L. Jackson introduces Inglourious Basterds. He then introduced Sophia Loren who got a standing ovation from the audience.
- Best foreign language film . . . The White Ribbon (Germany)
- Best TV series Drama . . . Mad Men.
- Taylor Lautner introduces (500) Days of Summer.
- Halle Berry presenting best supporting actor in a motion picture . . . Christoph Waltz for Inglourious Basterds which I think was a pretty obvious choice.
- Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio presenting Martin Scorsese with an award. Was brilliant seeing them on the stage together and talking about everything they have done in the films and what an impact he has had on films. Leo sees Marty as his friend and mentor, thats nice !!!
- Marty’s speech was just brilliant after seeing clips from his films. Everyone in the audience gave him a standing ovation, Kate Winslet and Julia Roberts lead the cheering which was great. You can tell that everyone respects Marty by the way they were watching him.
- Jodie Foster introduces The Hurt Locker.
- Mel Gibson is presenting after a very cheeky joke from Ricky Gervais about drinking. Director of a motion picture . . . James Cameron for Avatar. Could this be the first hint of the Oscar going to James Cameron too??? He thought his ex-wife was going to win it.
- Best TV series comedy/musical . . . Glee. Yes, I really was hoping that Glee would win this. It’s brilliant! All of the cast decided to get on the stage as well.
- Reese Witherspoon presenting motion picture comedy or musical . . . and the winner is The Hangover.
- Mickey Rourke (yay) presenting actress in a motion picture drama. He always seems so shy when he has to talk on a show like this.
- The winner is . . . Sandra Bullock for The Blind Side.
- Best actor in a comedy or musical . . . Robert Downey Jr for Sherlock Holmes. This is a bit of an outside win I reckon. I love him though he is brilliant. A very funny speech as well.
- I am really hoping that George Clooney is going to get the best actor award, will find out in a few seconds.
- Kate Winslet is presenting best actor in a drama . . . Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart. Who got a standing ovation from the audience. They really let his speech be a long one !!!
- The last award of the night best motion picture drama !!!
- Presenting this my favorite Julia Roberts. She really does have a great smile. The Golden Globe goes to Avatar !!!
- Interesting I was hoping for Up in the Air. O well never mind, this will make the Oscars more interesting.
The 67th Annual Golden Globes take place on 17th January 2010 and are the first major awards to be handed out in what will be another busy awards season. Because I had been slipping with the blog for the last few weeks I still had not posted this years nominations.
Closer to the ceremony I will post my predictions on who I think will walk away with the Golden Globe on the night.
A second poster has been released for next year’s Iron Man 2. This time we can see Robert Downey Jr. I actually quite like this poster.
What do you make of this poster?
Do you like it better than the first one released the other day?
A new poster has been released for the up and coming release of Sherlock Holmes, this time featuring all of the characters.
After coming across the newest Sherlock Holmes poster with Mark Strong in it, I decided to have a look to see which pictures had so far been released for this film. (Which is due for release on Christmas Day). Below is what I found, Robert Downey Jr, Jude Law and Mark Strong make me so excited for this film.
Just come across some new pictures from Iron Man 2
I really cannot wait for this movie to come out, is it next year yet?
I have just come across a second poster for “The Soloist” which I think is much more powerful than the first.
Character poster for Holmes . . . in the new Sherlock Holmes movie. This one is Robert Downey Jr. Who is Sherlock Holmes.
I guess I have nothing better to do but thought I would have a look into the future of film and pick out some movies that I am looking forward to being released in 2010. At this very moment in time, my list of what I really want to see only contains 10 movies. I am sure as time goes by this will increase to so many more . . .
YAY for Zac *goes in search of pictures*
Yes I do for some strange reason get very fangirly over Zac he is just too pretty for words. He managed to beat out Christian Bale, Robert Downey Jr, Vin Diesel and Shia LeBeouf . . . so well done to Zac. HSM3 !!!
WOW this really is very on-off it doesnt seem that they can make their minds up. They must really love each other !!!
Sean Penn’s on-off marriage to Robin Wright Penn seems to be on again – the pair was spotted at a Memorial Day bash just days after the actor called off their legal separation.
The Oscar-winner initially filed papers for a “legal separation with minor children” in April, just days before the couple’s 13th wedding anniversary.
Penn reportedly dismissed the bid earlier this month after spotting his partner enjoying life as a single woman at the Cannes Film Festival.
And it seems the pair is giving the relationship another go – they turned up to a party at Hollywood producer Joel Silver’s house in Malibu, California on Monday, and spent the evening enjoying drinks with Tom Hanks and Robert Downey, Jr.
It’s not the first time the couple has split only to reunite months later – they started divorce proceedings in December 2007 only to officially end the separation four months later.
I bet Robert Downey Jr. would just love the filming of that role.
Hugh Hefner has given Hollywood actor Robert Downey, Jr. his seal of approval to portray the Playboy boss in a planned biopic.
Iron Man star Downey, Jr. has previously expressed an interest in taking on the lead role in the ageing lothario’s life story, and he’s been given the thumbs up from Hefner himself.
Hefner tells Hollyscoop.com, “Downey and I have talked about it and it is a very real possibility.
“He’s a marvellous actor and I would be honoured if he decided to do it.”
Very interesting nominations, but good that younger stars and not normally award movies get to be nominated.
Vampire blockbuster Twilight and Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire will lead the charge at the 2009 MTV Movie Awards after scooping seven and six nominations, respectively.
The bloodsucking love story, based on the book by Stephenie Meyer, will compete for prizes including Best Movie, Best Female Performance for Kristen Stewart, and Breakthrough Performance Male for both Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner.
Slumdog Millionaire stars Freida Pinto and Dev Patel are also up for the Breakthrough Performance accolades, while the film will go up against Twilight, The Dark Knight, Iron Man and High School Musical 3: Senior Year in the Best Movie category.
Meanwhile, Anne Hathaway (Bride Wars), Angelina Jolie (Wanted) and Kate Winslet (The Reader) join Stewart in the Best Female Performance line-up, and Zac Efron (High School Musical 3), Shia Labeouf (Eagle Eye) and Robert Downey, Jr. (Tropic Thunder) will fight it out for the Best Male Performance title.
Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana: The Movie) and Vanessa Hudgens (High School Musical 3) will go head-to-head for the Breakthrough Performance Female award, while Cyrus is also nominated for Best Song From a Movie for Hannah Montana.
Real-life Slumdog Millionaire lovebirds Patel and Pinto have also earned recognition in the Best Kiss category, alongside Twilight’s Pattinson and Stewart, James Franco and Sean Penn for Milk, and Paul Rudd and Thomas Lennon in I Love You, Man.
The Dark Knight’s Christian Bale and the late Heath Ledger will battle it out for Best Fight alongside Seth Rogen, James Franco and Danny McBride for their scrap in Pineapple Express.
The Golden Popcorn prizes, nominated and voted for by MTV viewers, will be handed out in Los Angeles on 31 May.
Poster for “The Soloist” starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx. Has had good reviews and build up so far.
YAY I really hope that it is true Mickey !!!
Mickey Rourke and Scarlett Johansson have been officially confirmed for the Iron Man sequel – by the film’s star, Robert Downey, Jr.
After weeks of speculation, Downey, Jr. reveals the pair will play villains in the film.
He says, “They are both cast and doing Iron Man 2. Garry Shandling is in the film. Of course we have Don Cheadle. We have Sam Jackson. We have Sam Rockwell. And we, of course, have, my dearest heart, Gwyneth Paltrow.”