I was going to make a hundred ways you know your obsessed with movies when . . . but I decided not to put a number on it and see how many I could come up with. If you have anymore to add to the list leave a comment and they will be added. Lets see how many we can come up with!
- You have a movie blog
- You attend the cinema at least twice a week (sometimes more)
- You always know what films are released each week
- You have a Cineworld Unlimited Card
- You can quote hundreds of movies
- You own hundreds of DVDs
- You mention movie scenes in everyday conversation
- You have your favorite actors/actresses
- Your friends/family ask your advice on movies before watching them
- You read lots of other movie blogs
- You comment on other movie blogs
- You are a member of the LAMB
- When you hear certain songs they remind you of a movie scene
- You have inside jokes at the cinema
- You get excited when the Orange film adverts change
- You want to watch all of the films nominated for awards before the awards shows
- You know that in March until June/July that its mainly bad films which come out
- You have seen most of the best picture Oscar winning pictures
- You have guilty pleasure films
- You have lists of your top films split into lots of different categories
- You have attempted or attempting to write your own screenplay
- If your watching a boring film you begin to wonder how your going to review it
- You do not read reviews before you have seen the movie
- You can be biased if your favorite actors/actresses are in a movie
- You are shocked when people say they haven’t seen some of the most well known films
- You look forward to the Oscars so you can complain about the winners when you disagree
- A film which has won the best picture Oscar is a must see. You have to check if it deserved to win
- IMDb is your main source for the latest information
To be continued as thats all I can think of right now.
Comment with your suggestions.
The awards which like to honour the worst films of the year! Yes its all just a bit of fun and to laugh at really. But the Razzie nominations were released last night, yes the day before the Oscar nominations are due out. Interesting as Sandra Bullock could end up as the best and worst actress of the year . . . you see what they have done there.
They even have worst movie, actor and actress of the decade awards to give out.
What do you make of the Razzies?
Check out the nominations
If you regularly read this blog you will know that I am quite the Miley Cyrus fan and I went to see her in concert at the M.E.N Arena on Sunday 27th Dec and the first way to describe the concert is fantastic! Everything about it, Miley’s singing and performance and the whole show with the different dance numbers and effects which were on the stage, just amazing.
As you can imagine a lot of very small girls were at the concert and the screaming was very loud, however Miley is very much trying to get away from Hannah Montana and this was her first tour as just herself. Some of the songs were from her cross over album of Hannah Montana/Meet Miley Cyrus then from her first two Miley albums of Breakout and The Time of Our Lives (her most recent and my favorite so far).
No suprise really !!!
Tom Hanks is back at the top of the U.S. box office after claiming the number one spot with Angels & Demons.
The new thriller shot to the top of the new film countdown with an opening weekend take of $48 million (£32 million).
The film only just pipped Star Trek to the top spot – the sci-fi blockbuster took in $43 million (£28.6 million) during its second weekend on release, but tumbled from last week’s number one.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past and Obsessed round out the new top five.
Interesting I wasnt really expecting this to go straight to number 1 in the box office.
Beyonce Knowles’ new movie Obsessed has romped to the top of the U.S. box office chart with opening weekend (24-26Apr09) takings of $28.5 million (£19.65 million)
The thriller stars Knowles and Idris Elba as a couple targetted by a crazed office temp, played by Heroes star Ali Larter.
Obsessed bumped 17 Again from the top spot; the Zac Efron comedy slid down to second place with earnings of $11.665 million (£8.04 million).
Fighting landed third place with $11.441 million followed by Jamie Foxx‘s new movie The Soloist, which managed a disappointing $9.715 million (£7.81 million).
Disney feature Earth rounded out the top five with $8.554 million (£5.89 million) – the best ever opening for a nature movie.
I really do think that this looks good !!!
I caught the trailer for this movie the other day and thought it looked quite good (which probably means, it will be rubbish). The subject area intrests me, so will hopefully get to see this when it is released.