A film based around the press junket of a film, which is actually being held hostage and the two stars who used to be married must come together with some tricky situations along the way.
I have just come across the first lot of pictures of Julia Roberts as the Evil Queen in next years Untitled Snow White film. I think the best thing to think about Jules is WOW. She really does look incredible, I can imagine her being really good and very evil in the role. Really looking forward to seeing this one . . . yes I know I say that about all of her films. But what can I say I am a massive fan!
A story about a woman who realises that her life is not as she would have wanted. Starting by leaving her husband and the unhappy marriage she finds herself in, to take a year out to find herself and learn what life truly means.
Larry Crowne finds himself in a dilemma when he loses his job and decides to go to college. Something he never done when he was younger due to being in the Navy. This causes massive changes in his life, reinventing himself.
I am starting to get really excited about the release of the film, mainly because as you will probably already know Julia Roberts is my favorite actress! And the trailer for this film seems to have been attached to everything I have been to see at the cinema recently. Making me want to see it even more, lets take a look at some stills from the movie. Tom Hanks looks to be back in good form in this too!
As we are entering June, the summer films are going to be coming out thick and fast over the next couple of months. Let’s have a look and see what we have to look forward to! As with most summer films, a lot seem to be based around comic books. We have another installment from X-Men (hopefully doing better than Wolverine) and the much anticipated Captain America: The First Avenger, which is the last film in the build up to ‘The Avengers’ which is due out next year. A couple of comedies thrown in. But let’s face it, this summer is about the final Harry Potter film, part 2 of the Deathly Hallows. The end of the franchise after 10 years since it all began.
It doesn’t seem that many out and out romantic comedies are going for a summer release (unless of course I have missed them). Definitely more for the action and adventure angle this summer!
What films are you looking forward to most this summer?
With the up and coming film Larry Crowne due for release soon Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks took part in a photo shoot for W Magazine. Julia showing that she has hardly aged at all over the last few decades since her big breakthrough performance as the hooker in Pretty Woman. She has gone on to win and Oscar and was the queen of romantic comedies throughout the 90′s and early 00′s. No one has been able to come close to what she has achieved across different genres. Without a doubt my favorite actress.
As you will be well aware if you read my blog often I am a massive Julia Roberts fan! I saw this trailer at the cinema the other week and have to admit that I was very excited to see it for the first time. Looks like it is going to be a very heartwarming film. Better than her last link up with Tom Hanks!
The first poster has also been released:
I will definitely be heading to the cinema to see this film when it is released!
I had to go for one with Julia Roberts in, lets face it she totally owned this genre (and no one has ever come close). Pretty Woman is now seen as such a classic chick flick. Such great chemistry between Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. Funny, charming and has a heart this film and will always be one of my favorites.
Tim Curry, Mara Wilson and Kathy Najimy perform make em laugh, with clips from loads of films from previous years.
Jack Black and Will Ferrell inform us of the lyrics that go with the “music” the winners do not want to hear!
Well let’s just say that I pretty much hate Valentine’s Day! So decided to do an anti-Valentine’s day list of films, because lets face it real life isn’t all flowers and chocolates! People get hurt and hearts are broken, so I don’t understand why we should have one day that is supposed to be when we declare our love for someone?!?! If we truly loved them wouldn’t we just randomly buy them gifts and tell them of our love whenever we felt like it?
Anyway check out the following 10 films which have made my list . . . not for the people wanting to see love in a nice way with the happily ever after ending!!!
What are your favorites?
When Michael Taylor (Reynolds) is heading home for his sisters graduation and seeing his rather estranged family, a tragic accident occurs which sees his mother (Roberts) die in a car crash. Through this tragedy we are taken on a journey back to Michael’s childhood and why he does not get along with his father (Dafoe).
The second musical moment comes from a non-musical film and in the form of rom-com hit My Best Friends Wedding. Which sees a restaurant scene break out into a song in such a lovely way!
Oscar winner Julia Roberts and queen of the rom-com genre throughout the 90′s has said that she now feels too old to be in romantic comedies. I hope this is mainly because the scripts she has been given for rom-com’s aren’t fitting for her and she won’t completely rule out a return to the genre she really owned for a decade! If we look at Diane Keaton and Meryl Streep in Nancy Meyers films they are great roles for the older woman, and Jules isn’t that old yet.
So we will have to watch this space!
This is probably one of my most anticipated films of the summer, Julia Roberts back and it looks like she is going to be at her best. I have been looking forward to this one for quite a while now!
Well the newest craze hitting the blogosphere has been 10 movie facts about me a meme. Andy from Fandango Groovers so kindly tagged me to post 10 movie facts. Love it! This will all be off the top of my head, so I have no idea which direction it will head in (if any). Big shout out to who originally started this post, we really are feeling the love in the movie blogging world over the past few weeks and I think it really is just brilliant.
1. I am a total geek when it comes to going to the cinema, as I keep the tickets from every film I go to see. This helps when myself and friends argue about the last film we saw in a certain screen (from 1-11 in our local cinema).
2. The first film I ever saw at the cinema was Aladdin which would have made me 4 or 5 (depending on UK release date) and I am pretty sure I went to see it twice.
3. I can remember a hell of a lot of film quotes and find myself telling them to people in certain situations, often to help them feel better.
4. I have hundreds and hundreds of DVDs. Some of which have been watched lots and lots of times (Lord of the Rings, Julia Roberts films . . . ) and some have been watched once (Hope Springs is one I can think of off the top of my head) and about 25 have never been watched and on my must watch list.
5. I am extremely pleased that I suddenly decided to start this blog one day as it has allowed me to meet a lot of interesting people through there blogs, getting involved in blogging events and encouraging me to really think about some films whilst writing reviews and even paying closer attention when watching them. To say the least it has become somewhat a hobby.
6. Every now and then I have an actor of the moment which causes me to dive into their past work, often buying more DVDs. Over the years this has happened with Richard Gere, George Clooney, Brad Pitt and most recently Daniel Craig (thank you Casino Royale !!!).
7. My feel good, never fails to put a smile on my face movie is “The Sound of Music” possibly my most watched film EVER. As I grew up watching it and still love it to this day. I always thought Julie Andrews was the most perfect speaking woman.
8. I have a Cineworld cinema pass which I think is the best 13.50 a month to come out of my bank account! Unlimited cinema for that much a month really is something else. I do my best to go twice a week maybe more if loads of different films are out.
9. As I have probably mentioned before I never read a review before I see the film. The furthest I will go when reading a paper with a review in is looking to see how many stars they gave the review – as this doesn’t often make it very obvious how the film goes. But after I have seen a film and wrote my review, I will then read what other people thought of the film.
10. My friends and family often ask me if I have seen certain films and what I thought of them. It’s not very often I actually tell people a film is bad unless I wanted to turn it off or leave the cinema. I don’t often do that because I find that everyone has different opinions so something I hate they may love and vice versa.
Well there we go 10 random movie facts about me!!!
As you will already know if you often read my blog, I am a massive Julia Roberts fan. Therefore I have been looking forward to this film Eat, Pray, Love since it was announced that Julia would be starring in it. Since seeing the trailer which makes the film look really good (yes I am slightly biased) I thought the stills from the film would increase my build up in wanting to see this film.
After the recent allegations that the most recent best actress Oscar winner Sandra Bullock’s husband Jesse James cheated on her. It got me thinking about the previous best actress winners and there relationships especially after Kate Winslet announcing her spilt from husband Sam Mendes earlier this week. Hilary Swank split from Chad Lowe not too long after she picked up her second best actress statue. So can men really not handle it if there wife is more successful than them or is it all just a coincidence?
The old-fashioned values and usual relationship rules are that the man is classed as the main earner and “looks” after his wife and children. But in Hollywood that is not often the case when a woman can easily be more successful than her husband. So lets venture down the road of successful actresses and have a comparison with relationships she has had, especially before and even after winning the highest accolade of an Oscar.
As you already know as a massive Julia Roberts fan the trailer for her up and coming summer film was bound to get me excited. It certainly didn’t disappoint me one bit. It looks like Julia Roberts is back and I cannot wait for the film to be released.
Intertwining couples and singles in Los Angeles break-up and make-up based on the pressures and expectations of Valentine’s Day. Kinda like Love Actually but instead of Christmas and London . . . Valentine’s Day and LA.
Today’s quote comes from another guilty pleasure of mine “Hook”.
“Do you know that place between being asleep and awake, that’s where you still remember your dreams? That’s where I’ll always love, that’s where I’ll always wait for you.”
Today’s quote comes from Steel Magnolias and should really be a motto in life. Everyone wants something special, no matter how long you have it for.
“I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.”
I love “My Best Friends Wedding” as you may already know I am a massive fan of Julia Roberts aka Jules in my world. Yet it is quite a strange film in terms of the ending really isnt what you would expect from Hollywood but is it more realistic? In my world yes it is. Its heartbreaking at times but thats life isn’t it. I have probably watched this film more times that people can actually imagine. Quite a few months ago I eventually got round to see “Made of Honor” which I had heard was like MBFW but the other way round. I however have to totally disagree with that and this post will end up in a rant that men always win no matter what the situation is.
Made and released more than 10 years apart really shows the direction in which romantic comedies aka rom-coms have come over the years. That direction is down. Don’t get me wrong some have been quite good like “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and “(500) Days of Summer”. But way exactly have I enjoyed these? They have more realistic moments in them and manage to connect to the audience in different ways. Especially (500) Days of Summer it is so realistic and good how throughout the film it reminds us it is not a love story it is a story about love, and showing how different your expectations are in comparison to what reality is.